A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a Naturopath to join our team at both Discovery Bay and Central locations.
IMI is Hong Kong's leading integrative medicine clinic with over 20 highly qualified practitioners and the largest herbal dispensary that carries a wide range of clinical grade supplements and health products.
Our practitioners share a belief in activating the innate healing power of the person, and the benefits of an integrative approach. At IMI, we offer both the scientific and holistic streams of medicine to offer a professional and comprehensive approach to healing. We are passionate about educating clients about genuine health and wellness possibilities in Hong Kong.
- Provide naturopathic consultations and scientifically based nutritional advice to clients.
- Use Functional Medicine testing when appropriate and interpret results skillfully to the client.
- Prescribe nutritional, herbal and homeopathic remedies as appropriate for the client's health conditions.
- Embrace an integrated approach and refer clients to other treatments/practitioners that may improve the client's total wellbeing as appropriate.
- Allocated responsibilities for aspects of Dispensary Management, particularly offering Naturopathic Dispensary Advice in IMI’s busy dispensary, as well as contribute to achieving the expanded vision for the Dispensary.
- Contribute to education and training of Naturopathic Medicine and building the profile of this throughout Hong Kong, including Discovery Bay.
- Teach and represent wellness for IMI as a whole by giving health talks, advising clients which practitioners/modalities would be optimal for them; writing articles, and assisting our clients to take responsibility for their health and wellbeing.
Experience and Qualifications
- Naturopathic Doctor status and level of training preferred; or Bachelor in Health Sciences and Diploma in Naturopathy with minimum 4 years’ full time study and completion of Nplex examinations.
- 1-2 years’ clinical experience preferable, however new graduates with solid training, with clinical placement experience will be considered.
- Completed clinical placement, ideally with exposure to a hospital setting/acute patient care.
- Special interest in the connection between mind and body from a Naturopathic perspective.
- Mature, confident and outgoing personality with excellent client relationship skills and a client centred approach.
- A genuine passion for natural, integrative and holistic health care.
- Prior work experience in a business environment preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Interest of the local Chinese culture an advantage.
Benefits of working at IMI
- We have practitioners and doctors who are highly experienced in their field, some with over 20 years experience.
- In Naturopathic medicine we have a trainings and mentoring to help your development.
- We have a strong, trusted clinic brand, established for over 20 years in Hong Kong.
- We have a large client base, and well known for naturopathic medicine. This will give your new practice a head start.
- Our vision of a genuine integrative system of healing provides you with opportunity to work alongside other experts in a multi-disciplinary team.
- We offer you the access to the largest herbal dispensary in Hong Kong, excellent health products and supplements.
- You will receive plenty of support in Dispensary, Reception and Client Services, as well as Marketing.
Benefits of working in Hong Kong
Hong Kong has a huge amount to offer expats who decide to make it their home:
- A cosmopolitan and vibrant city of 7 million people, over 300,000 of which are expats.
- Very low crime rate and high level of personal safety.
- A leading geographical centre of Asia with world class infrastructure.
- An advanced healthcare system and an efficient and exemplary public transport system
- Choice of over 70 international schools, catering for children from Kindergarten through to Senior level, offering a very high level of education with a whole host of extra curricular activities and sports
- Culture (both local Chinese and international), colonial history, entertainment and restaurants right on your doorstep.
- A sub-tropical climate with mountains, country parks, beaches and over 250 islands to explore.
For the right candidate we will be willing to sponsor your visa to come to Hong Kong. This is a unique and rare opportunity to be sponsored, receive on-going mentoring and training with leading practitioners/doctors to learn about best practice in a Hong Kong environment and receive continuing professional development. Working within a well established practice, you will have every opportunity to build a solid client base and with a high demand for Naturopathic services and low taxation, there is potential to receive excellent remuneration for your work.
For more details about IMI: www.imi.com.hk