Try this great frittata recipe, with only 85 calories per serving. You can have this frittata for lunch or dinner. Zucchini and tomatoes are excellent sources of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and manganese.
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
pinch of turmeric
1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
1 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1/2 4 oz can diced green chillies
1 small tomato, chopped with excess pulp removed
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Beat together eggs, egg whites, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the broth in a 10- or 12-inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, zucchini, and green chillies for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After 3 minutes, add tomato, cilantro, salt, and pepper to zucchini mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes, checking periodically to see if eggs are firm. When done, run a rubber spatula around the edge of the frittata, cut into four wedges, and serve.